Preparation time: 5 minutes
- A handful of love, with green whole moong dal
- Add music for your soul, a cup of any whole millet of your choice, I have chosen Bajra
- A cup of pearl millet
- Ginger, black pepper, turmeric, red dried chilly or fresh green chilly – as per taste
- Start grooving, humming, moving, dancing and wash millet and grains really well and place overnight in a copper vessel.
- Gently add the grain and millet along with a dash of turmeric in a steel pressure cooker. Cook for 3 – 4 whistles. Ratio of millet, grains to water being 1:5.
- Let it cool. Temper with 2 teaspoons of pure A2 ghee made with bilona method, a couple of chillies, jeera, hing, black pepper, cloves – all to taste or none at all.
- Be creative. Serve plain, or with poppadums, yogurt, raita, fried baingan, chips, pickles. Be as creative as you want.
Khichdi is loved all over India from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. It is a comfort super food.
Every state has changed it and ultimately it becomes a biryam!
Do you know someone who might like this recipe? Please share this post with them.
Be well, be happy! Stay tuned, With love from-
Your Food Mitra,